It looked like March would go out as a lamb, but Mother Nature sure fooled us! It kept snowing and snowing and snowing - topped off by a record setting May 2nd snowstorm that dropped 18 inches in the Hills!
Recent comments from the logbook in the warming house
- 3/25: Great night for a ski. Love how late the sun is out. Thanks for such great trails. The skate lane was fast fast fast. --Bruce, WI
- 3/28: Wow! Skate trail is amazing. Thank you to BHTA for a wonderful ski season. March 28 & the sky is blue, the sun is shining & the skiing is fast. --Rice Lake, WI
- 3/29: Snowshoeing - Awesome. --Australia
- 4/1: Fantastic crust skiing on Westside & over & onto Audie Flowage, & also on Florida Loop. Early morning skiing is fast & almost effortless. Edge control is borderline in some places & the steeper donwhills are exhiliratingly fast. No fooling! --Ladysmith, WI
- 4/10: The snow cover extends unbroken at least 2 km from the warming house, & undoubtedly beyond. --Ladysmith, WI
- 4/12: With the new snow one can ski anywhere! --Ladysmith, WI
- 4/13: Another day's pilgrammage to the Blue Hills. Today I skied the entire Westside with side trips to Audie Lake & from Letter K north. I recommend it to anyone that wants to leave the beaten track. --Ladysmith, WI
- 4/17: The heavy wet snow that fell 3 days ago provided a new surface which this morning's colder temperatures transformed into a firm crust. Skating over it was fantastic, so much better than what I expected to find. --Ladysmith, WI
- 4/19: Getting Out There for a classic ski. AMAZING. --Rice Lake, WI
- 4/24: Eastside crust ski was wonderfully fast on the ski over to the Westside & to Audie Lake. Saw very large paw prints in the snow (wolf?). The return ski was slower in the soft snow in the sun. All in all a wonderful spring ski. --Eau Claire, WI
- 4/25: It ain't over 'til it's over! Skied much of the Eastside on an unbroken crust covered with a centimeter of new snow, which decorated the twigs & branches of all the hilltop trees - until the sun melted it. --Ladysmith, WI
Image information: If you want to save any images from this blog post for yourself, simply right click the full size image to obtain the original. Higher quality images are available by contacting our website. To avoid copyright infringement, reprints must credit the Blue Hills Trail Association, Inc.